ILLIANA YARN CRAWL
July 15 – July 24, 2016
10am – 5pm daily
Gather your friends & plan a road trip!
Click Here to —> Buy Now!
City Stitch Yarn Shop of Boonville, IN is the newest shop to join the list of participating shops. See list below.
Nine local yarn shops along the Illinois-Indiana state line are joining together for the Illiana Yarn Crawl.
Passports are only $10 each and entitle you to the following:
- A 10% discount on regular priced items during a single shopping trip at each store. Some exclusions apply.
- One official Illiana Yarn Crawl tote*
- A special discount on the official IYC yarn* and a free pattern that complements the yarn.
- Door prizes & drawings at The Fiber Closet. Most of the shops will have drawings but it is at the shop owners discretion.
- Entry into the Crawl Prize drawings. The more shops you visit the greater the prizes you are eligible to win. I will have a list of prizes later.
- The freebies you receive will more than cover the $10 passport fee.
- The chance to road trip with friends, make new friends, discover and explore new towns & areas.
*(while supplies last)
Click Here to —>Buy NOW!
Visit the Illiana Yarn Crawl website for more in-depth details.
Be sure to like the Facebook page to keep up with all the fun through pictures and posts from fellow crawlers.
- Atkinson Farm Yarns
- City Stitch Yarn Shop
- KnitWitts Yarn Shoppe
- River Knits
- River Wools
- Serendipity Fibers
- Sheepskeins Yarn Shop
- The Fiber Closet
- The Yarn Studio
You might be asking why I am promoting the yarn crawl. My connection is through The Fiber Closet. I sell many of my handmade products in the shop. I help out there occasionally since 5-6 days a week is a lot of time for anyone to maintain a shop single-handedly. The owner, Cheryl Moreo, and I partner in many ventures including fiber shows, online business, joint products, etc. as well as being best friends.
I have met most of the yarn crawl shop owners and find them dedicated, enthusiastic about the yarn shop industry and appreciative of their customers. Anytime I can promote local yarn shops, I jump at the chance. We don’t want to lose our local shops. Online shopping is great and I certainly do my fair share of it. However, online shopping can never replace the care, help, experience you get in your local.
I am sure I will be posting more about the crawl as it gets closer to July. For now though, mark these dates on your calendar and share this with your fiber friends!